Integrated Development of Chaugan Stadium and Development of Sports Facilities in SMS Stadium
In previous times, the Elephant festival was held at the Chaugan Stadium but due to the increase in crowds its venue got changed in 2011 and has been shifted to Jaipur Polo Ground which is opposite to the Sawai ManSingh Stadium.
Now as SMS Stadium is concerned, it has all facilities as per the international standards. However, the cycle velodrome, needs maintainance and upgradation. Two international championship level tennis courts are to be built. There is also a need to construct a new indoor stadium consisting of facilities for sports like Boxing, Table Tennis, Badminton and Wrestling.
Jaipur Smart City is Constructing and renovating facilities in Chaugan Stadium such as:
- Construction of new swimming pool
- Construction of Basketball arena
- Repair of rooms outside basket ball court
- Dismantling and construction of new rooms in the main stadium arena
- Landscaping in outer area
- Electrification with surveillance through CCTV Cameras of entire sports arena.
- Repair and strengthening of existing Nalla
- Street light poles on the road outside Chaugan Stadium
- Construction of Volley Ball court
- Construction of Tennis Court
- Construction of Kho-Kho court over MLCP
- Construction of Roll Ball court
- Construction of Jogging Track
- Solar lights around the Jogging Track
Facilities in SMS Stadium includes:
- Renovation of existing cycle velodrome.
- Constrcution of new indoor sports hall for various sports like boxing, badminton, table tennis, wrestling etc.
iii. Construction of two new International Championship level tennis courts.